SPHA General Meeting
February 6, 2013
President Report-Mckenzie Tate
· Welcome New Members!
· Danielle Boyer’s Wellness Zone Presentation Feb 13th and 18th 6PM VH 1216
o RSVP with Danielle email@example.com
· Valentine’s Day Presentation at 6PM and 7PM in the Wellness Zone
· Alcohol Awareness Week
· Wellness Zone- Training
Vice President –Lane Swan
· Wellness Zone Training will be Saturday, February 9th in PML 108
· 11:00 am with Sarah Shay and at 3:00 pm with Lane
· New members submit your hours from recruitment week
Treasures Report- Liz Waldron
· Working on balancing the account
· Dues due March 6th!!
· $20 for current members and $10 for new members
Secretary Report- Breanna Ransburg
· Hours will be updated by the end of the week!
· Keep sending them!
· Cracking down on missing meetings!
Service Chair Report- Kim McDonald
· Wellness Zone
o Sign-up sheets
· Big Event-March 23rd
o Sign-up sheets
· Special Olympics
o April 20th
· APO Blood Drive
o Accepting walk-ins.
Education Chair- Meghan Jones
· Becky Dawson will be coming on February 20th, so mark your calendars!!
· Wellness Zone! (education/service)
· Stress Free Tips available, come and get bubble wrap. Table in Violet Hall this Friday!
· Bubble wrapping after meeting
· Tudor interest sheet for KPS
o Contact Dr. Clark
Professional Development Chair-Briana Bonner
· PROFESIONAL DEVELOPMENT TIP
o “Where will you be in 5-10 years?”
· GUEST SPEAKER
o Sarah Folks!!! (2-20-13)
· Pattern Pals
o Look out for email.
· Need PD hours?
o Attire to Inspire: The Dress Code for Success 2/7
o Etiquette Dinner on 2/19
· REGISTER for Career WEEK
Social Chair Report- Maria Benitez & Caitlin Eikerman
· Intramurals sign ups
· Bowling on Tuesday February 26th
· Get to know your exec game!
Public Relations- Vanessa Shaw
· Sent in information to the Truman Today about the donation made to the Foster Families of Adair County.
· Working on updating the trophy case
· Chalking for a half hour of service next Monday! This is to advertise the Wellness Zone’s relationship presentation.
Fundraising- Jennifer Rippe & Jessica Schowengerdt
· Stress Free Friday T-shirts
· Voting on different designs for the upcoming SPHA t-shirt
· Water Bottles and shirts for sale next meeting
· Book Drive at the end of the semester
MOPIP Liaison- Adam Manahan
· Meeting of the Minds
Webmaster- Dan Mattheiss
· Pictures from recruitment week will be up soon!
· If you have not already, follow us on Twitter and Facebook for weekly health tips and more!