President- Katie Reysack
- Vote on Absence Policy
- Vote on Mandatory Social each semester
- Senior Sendoff will be next week at the the end of year party
- SLU Scholar Bowl and Case Study
Treasurer- Erika Holliday
- No Report
Secretary- Megan Sullivan
- Gift cards will be given to the three members who have the highest number of service, education, and professional development hours!
- Please have hours submitted by 4/28 to be eligible to win
- Winners will be announced next week at the end of the year party!
Service- Liz Chau
- Special Olympics: April 26, 11:30-2:00 OR 1:50-4:30, Volunteers – look for an email with more information
- Contact me if: You’re struggling for service hours
- I have other opportunities in mind.
Education- Lauren Maag
- Last Education event will be May 2nd.
- Presentation on Body Image by Bonnie Kempker Thursday the 24th at 6:30 in PB232
- Thanks for a great semester!!
Professional Development: Katie Larabee and Carly Scott
- Want to gain professional experience within the health field?
- Need a scholarship, work study or institutional job next semester?
- Check out some of the jobs on Tru-Positions! (under your Student Tabon Truview)
- Crisis Hotline Volunteer – Victim Support Services
- Health & Exercise Sciences Office Assistant
- NEMO Area Health Education Center, Inc – Office Assistant
- Student Wellness Assistant
Social Chair- Kimberly Emery
- Don’t forget the end of the year party is next Wednesday!
- April 30th at 7pm, Behind Ryle Hall
Public Relations- Sara McVety
- Like us on Facebook!
- search “student public health association”
- Follow us on Twitter! @SPHA_TSU
- Help decorate the trophy case for a last-minute education hour, April 30th at 3:30pm
- Questions? Ideas? Email me: email@example.com
Fundraising- Nemo & Chelsea Little
- T- shirts have been ordered and will cost $10
- They will be given out at the end of the year party
Webmaster – Luke Knoche
- No report
- Thanks to SPHA for sponsoring the Case Study Team at the PH Scholar Bowl at SLU on April 12, 2014!!
- They presented their case very well against PH majors.
- Truman doesn’t teach bio-stats!
- PLEASE attend the HLTH 440 Showcase: Monday, Apr. 28 (6-8:30) in V.H. 1010, Thursday, May 1, (6-8:30) in V.H. 1010, GAIN Professional Development. Hours!
- Help with Environmental Buddies at KPS, May 1 (anytime from 1:30-3:15), Get messy & have fun making paper with kids, Gain Service Hours!
- MAJOR’S DAY (either Aug 19 or 20) + SPHA presentation to new HS freshmen in Dr. W & Dr. R’s classes
–MO Public Health Conference is Sept 23-24 in Columbia, MO
•Poster Session is Sept 24 (11:30-1) (Abstract is due Sept 15)
- FUND RAISING to take a bus of SPHA students!!
•Scholarships available to MPHA members. Go to:http://www.mopha.org/scholarships-awards.php
- KCDC (Kirksville Child Development Center)
- Are you or someone you know in need of scholarship hours for fall?
- Think about K-CDC contact Katy Korte to apply.
- Environmental Health needs you!
- Thursday from 12:00-1:30 sit at table in SUB.
- Stop by and see their projects!
- Environmental Buddies Last Meeting Rescheduled!
- Thursday, May 1st @ 1:30
- Seniors = Good luck on CHES!
- Vote on Absence Policy: Passed
- Two excused and Two unexcused
- 50% of general meetings
- Two excused and Two unexcused
OLD: “Each member is allowed two unexcused absences from a formal meeting…All special cases will be reviewed by the executive board.”
NEW: “Each member is allowed two excused and two unexcused absences from a formal meeting per semester…All special cases will be review by the executive board.”
- Vote on one mandatory social event per semester: Passed
- currently nothing in Constitution about social events
OLD: “In addition to completion of hours, each member is required to attend one social event per semester.”
NEW: “Failure to complete the required service, professional development, education hours, and failure to attend one social event by the semester deadline will result in loss of membership.”
- Homicide Rates and Stroke Mortality in Chicago
- Epidemiology, Bio-statistics, Environment,Behavioral Psychology, and Public Policy
- Create intervention for community
- Told we had the most thorough intervention!