President- Bonnie Kempker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name tags are in!
- We vote on senior shirts, a new secretary, and a new philanthropy today. We need need a quorum to vote so it is important to attend and voice your opinions.
- Initiating our new members
- Try to meet with committees to gather feedback on the committee system to improve it for next semester.
Vice President- Alex Connor email@example.com
- The SLU scholar bowl team competed this past weekend. We came in third in the trivia competition! We are extremely proud of our performance and are looking forward to competing again next year.
- Congratulations to the New Members who were initiated!
Secretary- Keilah Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congrats, SPHA! You have now collectively completed almost 650 hours. For those of you worried about completing your hours by the end of the semester, there are many opportunities coming your way, so don’t fret! (I mostly just wanted to use the word “fret” here.)
- As a reminder, please keep track of whether the hours you are completing are for service or education; I’ve been encountering a lot of mix-n-matching in those two departments. If you submitted an hour under education and see it listed instead under service, it was probably intended as a service event. HOWEVER, I do make mistakes, so if something seems very not-right, let me know and I’ll be happy to verify the details.
- All committee chairs, please contact your committees asking them to let you know how they felt the semester / committee system has gone. We would like to evaluate our progress and implement improvements for the fall using these suggestions.
- Please continue to submit absence excuses and hours. Remember that you only get 2 excused and 2 unexcused absences. Once you have exceeded this limit, you will be removed from the roster.
Treasurer- Ashley Bond email@example.com
- No update.
Education- Mischa Tomczak firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the email sent earlier today! Lots of wonderful education opportunities.
Service- Elizabeth Barreca email@example.com
- The NEMO Senior Health Fair will be at ATSU this coming Saturday, April 18. The many organizations working to put this on would really appreciate the help of SPHA members! You will be assisting with setup/take down along with navigating the seniors through the many health booths. There are two shifts available with multiple openings for volunteers. Please sign up here.
- Also, if you are interested in helping out at a certain booth, please email me back and I will help you get in touch with the ATSU student group directing this. Here is a link to a flyer has specific descriptions of the booths and services that will be offered to the seniors:
Special Olympics is on Saturday, April 25th and still in need of volunteers.
“We need volunteers to help run the track and field events. The volunteer shifts are a few hours long and are in the afternoon. If interested, contact Caroline Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
“We also need volunteers to hand out awards to the athletes. The volunteer shifts are in the afternoon. If interested, contact Rachel Sommerer at email@example.com.”
MOPIP 5K – April 25th
- “Need more hours?! MOPIP has a service opportunity that SPHA members may participate in! Zombie 5K Walk/Run being held on Saturday April 25th at 9 am. Volunteers probably have to be there earlier than that since the check-in starts at 7 am. If you are interested, contact Erica Supple at Esupple@pfh.org . The purpose of the event is to bring awareness to the abuse of prescription drugs in Northeast Missouri.”
Professional Development – Helen Curran firstname.lastname@example.org
- No update.
Social – Christian Reiling email@example.com
- No update.
Fundraising- Gillian Mwangi firstname.lastname@example.org
We are beginning to collect money for our Health and Exercise Science apparel fundraiser this week — Monday and Thursday — so, if you are working those tables, make sure you check your times! There will be more opportunity to gain hours at another table when the shirts come in, so look out for that in the next week or two.
MOPIP – Jihee Lee email@example.com
- No update.
Public Relations- Laura Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook!
- Add yourself on SPHA Facebook group!
Webmasters – Ben & Amanda email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget to check out SPHA’s new blog: “Last Week in SPHA.” It’s written by the fantastic Chaney Cooper and has all of the information you need or want to know about the happenings of our organization! http://spha.truman.edu/spha-
Dr. Clark email@example.com
- Stream Clean-up on Saturday April 18th from 9am-Noon
- Meet at Red Barn parking lot behind PB
- Wear: Jeans, rubber boots/old shoes, long-sleeved shirt
- Gloves will be provided
Dr. Wodika firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Health Fair at ASTU on April 18th