Happy 2016! Welcome back everyone!
Here are some announcements:
President: Ben Peters email@example.com
- Writing applications for Capstone funding (What it is, What they want funding for, how much, and it’s important to TURN IN RECEIPTS)
- ID numbers were also asked for
- Everyone chose their top 3 committees
Vice President: Gillian Mwangi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Recruitment is starting up next week Feb 1-3. Tell your friends who would be interested in SPHA to come. The service night is Feb 1, Education night is Feb 2, and interview night is Feb 3!
Secretary: Tori Thompson email@example.com
- Invite your friends to recruitment events!
- REMEMBER TO SUBMIT YOUR HOURS
Treasurer: Maha Mohammad firstname.lastname@example.org
- Budget next meeting
Education: Brendan Cronley email@example.com
- Please stop getting condoms from the WRC/Health Center!
- There are still some time slots open for tabling next week
Professional Development: Abby Meyer & Allison Politsch firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Workshop at ATSU 7-8pm Tuesday, February 2
- Anyone interested in applying to medical or dental interviews
- If anyone has professional development ideas, email Abby or Allison
MOPIP: Sydney Gosik firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency election needed for a co-chair for this spring semester. If anyone is interested email Ben.
- MOPIP meetings are every-other Wednesday at 3:30
- Ashley Bond and Ashley Kincaid
- The Meeting of the Minds Conference
- April 7-9 in Kansas City, MO
- “This regional conference educates students and professionals about student leadership, peer education and prevention strategies in relation to alcohol, drugs and other wellness topics. Whether you are actively working in peer education, prevention or law enforcement, would like to come network with your peers, or are just interested in learning more about these topics, you are encouraged to attend! This conference has something for everyone!”
Fundraising: Chaney Cooper email@example.com
- Chaney has some information about a t-shirt sales!
- HLTH 260 is doing several service learning projects this semester (Condom Awareness Week, Women’s Health Discussions, STI Awareness Month, Gender Identity Panel(s), Healthy Body Image Awareness) – and partnering with SPHA would be wonderful! Please contact me for more information!
- The Public Health Scholar Bowl is not far away – we need to begin discussions so we can reserve hotel rooms, etc! Dr. Clark and I also found out the Water Tower Inn is unavailable (close permanently as of now) – so other hotel arrangements will need to be made. We’ll need to research cost-friendly options!
Also there will be an Emergency election for Webmaster, email Ben Peters if you are interested.