President: Bhavana Yerragunta
- Thank you everyone for helping with the classroom visits and the activities fair!
- I shared a google folder “SPHA Spring 2017” with you all. All the sign up sheets will now be in their designated folders shared with you. If you do not see the folder in your Google drive, please let me know.
- Membership applications are due 2/7/2018. If you are planning to go change your membership this semester, email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark your calendars: Our General Body Meetings are 1/24, 2/7, 2/21, 3/7, 3/28, 4/11, 4/25
- If you are NOT at the meeting, please send me your Top 3 Committee Preferences to me by February 1st by 5pm. If I do not hear from you, I will put you in a committee I see fit.
Vice-President: Leah Wright
- Come to Info Nights!
- January 29th 7-8 PB 233
- January 30th 7-8 PB 232
- Get pumped for new members!
Secretary: Bansari Amin
- New attendance system in place!
- Try to submit hours within 24 hours of completion
Treasurer: Tori Thompson
- Budget coming soon
- Bigger events, means bigger budgets!
- Semester dues: $25
Service: Beth Weirich and Gabrielle Amos
- Possibility for a Polar Plunge team? SPHA would create team and each member would be responsible for raising $75, possibly less.
- February 10th from 9-12ish
- Wellness Pack Tabling February 12th-14th
- NEMO red ribbon week
- 2 street cleanings, late March/ April & first week of May
- Big Event first weekend of April
- 2 of your service hours may come from non SPHA sponsored events. This being said, if you have any service opportunities you would like us to promote, feel free to email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Amber Mathai
January 29– Info Night (Education Activity)
February– First Stress Free Friday of the Semester (Date TBD)
March 21– DARTS (Discovering Alternative Routes to Success) Event
- More info coming soon
Professional Development: Ashton King
- Tabling Etiquette – No phones on the table. Be interactive!
- Google Form concerning professional development
- If you have any questions about the form email me at email@example.com
Social Chair: Laura Wallace
- Ice Cream Social with New members coming up!
- More details later.
Fundraising: Allison Griffiths
- Spring Apparel Interest Survey!
- Have an idea for a fundraising event? Let me know!
MOPIP: Olivia Hunt
- Meetings of the Minds Conference is April 5-7th in Kansas City.
Public Relations: Kelly Decker
- SPHA now has an Instagram account! Please follow SPHA’s social media pages and encourage your friends to do the same!
- SnapChat: @truman_spha
- Facebook: Student Public Health Association
- Twitter: @SPHA_TSU
- Instagram: @truman_spha
Webmasters: Alex Marko and Addison Leabo
- Working on getting access to the website
Advisers: Dr. Clark
- Seniors: submit Capstone grant applications ASAP!
- Members of the Public Health Scholar Bowl Team please stay 5 minutes after the meeting to discuss PH SB registration & preparation.
- SRC abstracts are due Fri, Feb 23, 2018 by 11:59 p.m. go to http://src.truman.edu
- Consider making a Health Education presentation at Meeting of the Minds in KC in April.
Advisers: Dr. Wodika
- Next Global Issues Colloquium: February 15th, Climate Change and Refugees by Dr. Christine Harker, BH 102 (Little theater) @ 7 p.m.
- Opportunity for SPHA activity w/ Kindergarten class at KV Primary for Earth Week