SPHA General Meeting
October 8, 2014
President- Katie Reysack
- Everything is ordered!
- Come get name tags at end of meeting
- Interested in attending MOAPHERD?
- Nominations next meeting- Oct. 22nd
- What does the President do??
Vice President – Ashley Kuykendall
- ATSU Research Conference- November 1
- Register on the ATSU website
- New Member Initiation- November 5th
Treasurer- Erika Holliday
P.S. Talk to me if you’re interested in being the next SPHA treasurer!
Secretary- Megan Sullivan
- Hours doc should be posted on the website soon!!
- New members–don’t forget to submit your hours from recruitment!
- Don’t forget that the member with the most amount of hours gets a prize!
Service- Liz Chau
NEMO Heart and Sole Walk
- When: October 25
- Where: Kirksville High School Track
- Roles and tentative times:
- Setup – 7:30am
- Buddies – 8:30am
- Cleanup – 1:00pm
- Will send more communication
- Buddy Packs – Interest?
- Interested in the Service Chair position? Contact me!
Education- Lauren Maag
- Puppet Pals will be starting up soon. Please come talk to me if you are interested!
- Puppet Pals is a program that visits surrounding schools and teaches kids about different health topics.
- Smoke Free Friday is on October 10th. The signup sheet will go out tonight
Professional Development- Katie Larabee and Carly Scott
- THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME TO THE CAREER SPEAKER TODAY!
—Creighton University OT/PT Info Session—
- When: Wed, October 15, 9am-12pm
- Where: SUB 3201
- (Drop by to talk with Admission Representatives from Creighton University about their Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Pharmacy programs.)
- Interested in becoming the next Professional Development Chair?
- Contact Katie or Carly: kml8875 / cms2238
Social Chairs- Bonnie Kempker & Alex Connor
Haunted corn maze:
- Oct 23-25
- $3 with ID
Public Relations- Sara McVety
- Come help set up the trophy case on Tuesday the 14th at 3:30pm for an education hour!
- The theme is breast cancer awareness
Fundraising- Nemo & Chelsea Little
- Quarter Zip sign up has closed October 5th
- The order was submitted on October 6th
- We are expecting the Quarter Zips back the week after homecoming!!!!
MOPIP – Sarah Strickler
- New Proposal date for program funding through MOPIP
- Discussed about funding for MOM
Webmaster- Katie Larabee
- Working on getting permission to edit the SPHA website.
- Will have all of the minutes from this semester up ASAP!
- World Polio Day in October
- Visit TruYo from 5-9pm on October 21st – 15% of their proceeds go towards the quest to end Polio!
- Sustainability Day
- Presentation from Marcin Jakubowski from 4-5pm in BH176 on Open Source Ecology, “Creating Life-Sized LEGO’s for a Global Village”
- Have a great Homecoming weekend and upcoming fall break!